Monday, June 20, 2011

Passion Fruit Beer, Not a good Idear

I have to say that when I saw it on the shelf, the idea of beer with a passionfruit flavor component intrigued me. However, something's are better left a theory rather than being destroyed by fact. Passionfruit beer is one of those things. I had hoped for a better outcome, but the end result of this beer was very weak.

Now I don't want people to think that I'm the be all end of all of tasters, I'm certainly not. I like fruit beers, but in this case I did not. If you are curious about this beer, I suggest you check it out http://konabrewingco.com/beers/wailua-wheat-ale/. You may like it. For fruit flavored beers that I have actually enjoyed, I would suggest the following and in no particular order.

Wachusett Blueberry Ale - light and fruity, real blueberry nose to it. Easy drinking beer.

Sam Adams - Cherry Wheat - Cherries and beer go together great.

If you like the concept of fruit tinged beer, check out some Belgian style Lambics or Krieks. Expensive, but if you are drinking this solely for its taste, then by all means go ahead and enjoy. Lindemann's makes the most readily available ones. For an English version Samuel Smith's makes an organic line of fruit laced beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plaxo Badge